Research Strategy Consultant (Fintech)
gm! We're working to on-board the next billion users to web3, crypto and the metaverse through NFTs: the fastest growing digital asset class in history.
We have the unique opportunity to be a disruptive force by giving creators the tools distribute digital art, collectibles, phygitals and mixed-reality experiences, reaching millions of people around the world.
We're announcing our USD $4.3M Seed Round, including notable web3 investors such as Fabric VC, OpenSea Ventures, CMT Digital, Susquehanna Private Equity, Dune, Impatient VC, Alliance DAO, SevenX Ventures, FJ Labs, Big Brain Holdings, G20 Ventures, Zero Knowledge and several angel investors.
We're just getting started!
What The Role Entails
We are currently seeking an experienced Research Strategy Consultant (Fintech) to join Minteo. The ideal candidate will have a robust knowledge of the fintech industry and a proven track record in vertical research, capable of identifying and assessing new business opportunities within fintech markets, especially relating to blockchain technology and payment systems. Understanding of Latin American financial markets is important.
- Conduct comprehensive vertical research to identify, evaluate, and prioritize potential new business opportunities across the fintech industry, with a special focus on blockchain technology.
- Keep abreast of financial regulations, market trends, and significant market events in LATAM and the US.
- Analyze data to identify emerging opportunities and risks across different industries, always through the eye of a financial expert.
- Build out models and / or financial projections that help validate or understand potential business opportunities for Minteo
- Utilize deep understanding of Counterparty Credit Risk, Market Risk, Regulatory Reporting, Fixed Income Products (Rates, Equities, FX, Commodities), Prime Brokerage, Liquidity Provision, Collateral and Margin.
- Collaborate closely with business partners to define strategies, develop requirements, and work with Minteo's leadership team to figure out products and solutions based on the analysis of business needs, objectives, and existing systems’ infrastructure.
- Present clear, persuasive presentations of research findings to the leadership team or other stakeholders.
What We Look For
- At least 8 years of experience in the financial services sector, with prior roles in trading desks, market research, equity research, financial research, fintech, private equity or banking.
- Proven track record in vertical research, particularly in producing actionable insights and business evaluation.
- Ability to devise and perform a variety of primary research methods, including interviews, surveys, focus groups, etc.
- Ability to create, structure, and execute secondary research based on a clear framework and methodological process.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple research projects simultaneously.
- Fast learner that can pick up complex subjects across various industries and summarize learnings and find actionable insights
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Strong understanding of both LatAm and US financial markets.
- Plus: Understanding of the blockchain technology landscape, trends, and its implications for the financial sector.
- Plus: Basic understanding of financial law related to fintech, cryptocurrencies, or payment systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or related fields
- Plus: A Master's degree or a CFA certification
- Plus: Familiarity with blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies
Who Are You?
- You are an enthusiastic pioneer, excited about the transformational potential of web3.
- You have a problem-solving mindset and the ability to think critically under pressure.
- You are adaptable and thrive in dynamic environments.
- You are a team player with leadership qualities, eager to educate and guide those around you.
- You are committed to the integrity and compliance of financial practices.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, based on experience and role conditions
- Refunds on private healthcare and gym memberships
- Additional vacation days
- Flexible work hours
Please note: The precise compensation for this role is determined by the experience, skills and interview process results of the candidate.