Partnership Development Manager
gm! We're working to on-board the next billion users to web3, crypto and the metaverse through NFTs: the fastest growing digital asset class in history.
We have the unique opportunity to be a disruptive force by giving creators the tools distribute digital art, collectibles, phygitals and mixed-reality experiences, reaching millions of people around the world.
We're announcing our USD $4.3M Seed Round, including notable web3 investors such as Fabric VC, OpenSea Ventures, CMT Digital, Susquehanna Private Equity, Dune, Impatient VC, Alliance DAO, SevenX Ventures, FJ Labs, Big Brain Holdings, G20 Ventures, Zero Knowledge and several angel investors.
We're just getting started!
Who Are You
The ideal Partnership Development Manager will be responsible for finding, and building new partnerships and business opportunities for Minteo. In this role you will search for brands / companies, content creators, visual artists, musicians, athletes, event organizers, and other interested parties who want to launch an NFT collection. You will have a “consultative sales” role where you will need to clearly communicate the value that Minteo can provide (vs other NFT platforms) as well as explain to them the overall value that can be driven from launching an NFT collection.
It is important you are (or become) knowledgable as it relates to NFT use cases, and work with the client in the best way to launch collections. You should also have good cultural knowledge in the region, and have a good general understanding in themes like music, sports, gastronomy, fashion, art, and tech. Additionally, a strong network of already established contacts in one (or several of those verticals) will help you thrive in this role.
What The Role Entails
- Acquisition of Latin talent (visual artists, musicians, athletes, etc). You will bring them into our platform and create collaborations with them to develop NFT collections
- Acquisition of brands (from large consumer product companies to boutique stores, festivals / events, venues, etc). You will bring them into our platform and create collaborations with them to develop NFT collections
- Be the face of Minteo as it relates to potential clients, and become well-known across the broader community, especially amongst those segments interested in launching NFTs
- Access your personal and professional network without fear of hearing no, or rejection, as well as use our in-house business development processes to bring in artists and brands outside of your ‘network’
- Identify up and coming artists or brands with a strong and growing fan base, or a high level of social media engagement / activity or community presence
- Be up to date with the latest trends, news that are influencing the world and look for opportunities to take advantage of that and launch new NFT collections / arts / games / content / events / collabs
- Knowledge using a CRM / CMS e.g. Zoho CRM / Hubspot / Salesloft / SFDC to track and manage all business development activities
- Be analytical, organized, and performance driven. Know what BD tactics are working vs not and critically think of where you can improve to drive better results
- Create long lasting relationships with brands, and the different artists (whether large or small) and become embedded into those communities.
- This role has a travel component. The majority of meetings will be through Zoom, but you should know there’s likely to be a need to travel 10-20% of the time, potentially nationally and internationally
What We Look For
- At least 4 years of experience working in the entertainment industry (in a talent/client-facing role, A&R) or in business development role focused in partnering or selling to brands.
- Proven consultative sales abilities and proven ability to work well in a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments, and influence all levels within an organization; willingness to collaborate and bring in appropriate resources to close sales.
- Strong network in a specific community or across the spectrum of entertainment. There are artists, creators, influencers, communities, or companies you can tap into. Additionally, you need to have the ability to connect with new people without a problem - you’re not shy!
- Strong written and verbal skills, as well as a high level of proactiveness and high energy. It’s very important to be charismatic, socially smart, and able to connect with people easily
- Experience using CRMs / CMS systems (Zoho, Salesforces, Hubspot, etc) to track leads, opportunities, closed deals, as well as good management of lead gen tools like LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, ContactOut, etc
- You’re highly organized, and manage your time well. It is very important you’re never late to meetings, keep track of everything on your calendar / agenda, and take notes of meetings.
- You’re flexible / adapt quickly to the ever-changing nature of working at a fast growing startup
- Preferred but not essential: Good working knowledge of English (At least B2 level), Portuguese is also optional
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, based on experience and role conditions
- Refunds on private healthcare and gym memberships
- Additional vacation days
- Flexible work hours
Please note: The precise compensation for this role is determined by the experience, skills and interview process results of the candidate.